Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of education
King Saud University
Saudi Geographical Society
National Campaign for Environmental Awareness
1435 – 1436
The Saudi Geographical Society believes in the importance of preserving the environment with all its elements of water, air and soil, raising environmental awareness and reaching as many citizens as possible, especially school students. Which includes many elements as follows:
1- Issuing a number of leaflets dealing with environmental pollution, waste pollution, noise pollution and climate change.
2- Presenting a number of lectures on environmental pollution and hazards in secondary schools in all regions of the Kingdom.
3- Issuing a documentary book on environmental pollution case studies.
4- Conducting a cultural competition on environmental pollution and its risks.
1. Issuing leaflets containing the following issues: pollution, waste, climate change.
– Specifications of leaflets:
– Issuing short leaflets that provide meaningful useful information that takes into consideration the age of the target group.
– Supports pictures and colorful shapes.
– Be attractive, so as to capture the attention of the target.
2 – Lectures containing a number of elements, designed in an attractive manner through the presentation Power Point supported images, shapes and numbers.
– Lecture Specifications:
– The lecture time should be suitable so as not to cause boredom.
– Information that is interesting and effective in delivering the message.
– accompanied by an attractive Power Point display.
– The same lecture was received in the targeted schools so that a team in each region would be assigned to the schools in the region.
The focus of these lectures is on the importance of waste management in scientific and modern ways so that recycling, reuse and waste minimization, as well as reuse of wastewater and gray water for various vital purposes such as irrigation of gardens, increase of green areas in cities and production of clean biogas. The importance of the recycling of electronic waste and its utilization to preserve our natural resources and the safe and health disposal of hazardous waste and medical waste, and the proper preservation of the place where the person lives, is also mentioned.
3- Issuing a documentary book distributed to schools.
– The program is designed according to the goals of the campaign, presented in a clear, attractive way, accompanied by pictures and illustrations.
– The program contains three case studies:
– Pollution case study.
– Study of the state of waste and its risks.
– Noise case study.
– The cases are presented in a documentary, short, and attractive.
The book includes a collection of specialized environmental articles related to the importance of environmental conservation, which reflect the results of studies of scientific messages in Saudi universities.
4 – A cultural competition, the competition is an important element because it stimulates competition, and does not tarnish the student or target boredom, and if it is announced to honor students at a special ceremony or event. We will have met the stimulus factor. It includes two axes:
Questions on the risks of pollution, noise and waste and their negative effects.
An article is written in the campaign hubs, a time period is specified, articles are then controlled and winners are selected.
1 – Hisham ibn al-Harith Middle School in Riyadh, 19/11/1434 e, Dr. Ali Abdullah Al-Dosari, Mohammed Shawqi bin Ibrahim Makki.
2- Al-Raya Educational School Complex: Jazan, 29/12/1434 AH, Mr. Milhi Ali al – Ghazwani
3 – Aiban secondary school: Jazan, 1/1/1435 e, Mr. Milhi Ali al – Ghazwani
4 – Al-Aidabi secondary school: Jazan, 1/1/1435 e, Mr. Milhi Ali al – Ghazwani
5- Al-Qaswa Secondary School in Madinah, 30/1/1435 H, Dr. Khalid bin Atiq Pharmacist
6- Tiba High School in Madinah, 7/2 / 1435H, Dr. Marie bin Mohammed al-Bishi
7- The middle 40 Girls in Buraidah, 22/1/1435 AH, Mrs. Rehab Al-Ofees.
8 – Secondary 32 Girls in Buraidah, 22/1/1435 e, a. Mrs. Rehab Al-Ofees
9- The fifth secondary school for girls in Beisha, 20/4/1435 AH, Mrs. Maram Mohammed Almqaitif
10. High School for girls 28 in Medina, 23/4/1435 e, Mrs. Taghreed Hamdi Al – Juhani
11. The Twenty-eighth High School for Girls in Buraidah, 14/6/1435 AH, Mrs. Haila Al-Rakiqi
12 – medium 163 girls Al-Nahda neighborhood in Riyadh, 21/6/1435 e, Mrs. Reem Saaib Al – Hajri
13- Secondary 170 Girls Al Azizia neighborhood in Riyadh, 22/6/1435 e, Mrs. Reem Bint Saaib Al – Hajri
14- Committee for Social Development in Al-Aidabi Governorate, 10/3/1436 H, d. Melli Ben Ali al – Ghazwani
15- Center for Social Development in Madinah, 13/5 / 1436H, prof. Hamed bin Musa Al-Khatib, University of Taiba, dr. Marie Mohammed al-Bishi, University of Tiba, dr. Abdullah Hamoud Al Ahmadi, Taibah University.
16- King Saud Educational Complex for Girls, 16/6/1436 H, Dr. Liama Abdulaziz Al – Jasser
17 – School of memorization of Bish province of Bish, 7/7/1436 e, Dr. Milhi Ali al – Ghazwani,
18- Karama Al-Ahmar High School, Sbeya Governorate, Jazan Region, 10/7/1436 H, Dr. Milhi Ali al – Ghazwani
19- Secondary school in Jazan district, 11/7/1436 e, Dr. Milhi Ali al – Ghazwani
20- Hayy Al-Gharbi Secondary School in Al-Aidabi Governorate, Jazan Region, 16/7/1436 H, Dr. Milhi Ali al – Ghazwani
21. The Center for Social Development in Jizan, Sharaf El Din Kamly
22- Center for Social Development in Al-Ahsa City, 6/5/1436 H, dr. Omar Al Sayed Mustafa Al – Hayati
23- Secondary Secondary Boys School for girls in Khamis Mushait, 14/7/1436 AH, Mrs. Amal Khamis Mushait
24- The Third Middle School for Girls in Abha City, 15/7/1436 AH, Mrs. Amal Khamis Mushait
25- School of memorizing the Dayer secondary, 21/2 / 1437H, Dr. Milhi Ali Al – Ghazwani
26- Al-Dayer Secondary School, 24/2/1437, Dr. Milhi Ali Al – Ghazwani
27- Al Ali Secondary School, 24/2 / 1437H, Dr. Milhi Ali Al – Ghazwani.